It is rather scary and somewhat depressing to see another 2 weeks (and then some) has gone by without a post. I can only apologise and bloody well get on with it! Haha.
So far so good with the survey but we still need a heck of alot more before I can start contacting retailers, so please pass this on to your friends and family. I have some cards with the blog details on, if anybody wants some to hand out, just let me know. I also have some stickers in a variety of colours to stick on the envelopes when I send the survey results off to add a professional edge and to show them I mean business!
Not long now till our summer hols and whilst I am keenly stalking the clearance section of the cambridge satchel company, there isn’t long left till our visit to the Covent Garden store, where (hopefully) I may pick one up in person.
I am also visiting the place that started it all for me here at Fat Girl, Skinny Jeans again this weekend with some friends. I am still traumatised from my last shopping trip there, so I may just avoid the clothes shops altogether!
It has been busy here at FGSJ central lately (hence the lack of posts) but hopefully that will calm down. Take care gang, until next time.
Just a few bits of ‘house keeping’ today, nothing worth a post on its own, but collectively there’s a fair bit to get through:
* Massive thanks everyone for doing the survey, please keep it up! We’re doing well but still need loads more so pretty please with a cherry on top, keep sharing with your friends: https://fatgirlskinnyjeans.wordpress.com/the-survey/
* Update to the ‘you can’t win’ post: I managed to stretch the skinny jeans slightly – the waist is now back to normal but the legs aren’t. Not the end of the world, they look ok, but if anyone has any bright ideas on stretching the legs or what I can put in them whilst damp to keep them stretched out, please leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com.
* After checking out my site stats, I have discovered several people have found us after searching for skinny jeans and Dr Marten’s and I’ve also been contacted via email about this – have I ever worn them together, do they work etc. Can’t say I’ve tried them with the red ones as they might clash but wearing the DMs with the blue skinnies is in fact a favourite combination of mine:
They also look fab with a dress (especially my black or red skate/fit and flare style dresses) and a pair of leggings.
* I have booked a trip to London later this year (yay) hoping to treat oneself to a Cambridge Satchel from the Covent Garden store, however I am still holding hopeful for one on sale in the clearance section. There has been a few but I’ve either not been quick enough or not comfortable with the cosmetic flaws advertised.
* Please don’t be afraid to comment on posts or contact me via email, I’ve already had a few and I love hearing from you all. Also, feel free to join the conversation on the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/fatgirlskinnyjeans
Hopefully my week off work will bring a proper blog post and denim care tips as well as hopefully a few recommended shops (did I mention I am hopeful?) but for now, I’ll crawl back under my rock and continue stalking the Cambridge Satchel clearance page like a woman possessed…
Hello again! Sorry for being so quiet of late, I’ve been busy busy busy! My main reason for being busy (aside from work) is that I’ve been working on the survey. So here’s the plan: to get as many people (over 18) to fill in the survey, and when there’s a sufficent enough sample, I plan to collate the results and send them with covering letters to retailers to let them know what you think and want. So please fill this in and pass it on to your friends. It can befound here at the bottom of the blog post, on the menu as The Survey <— or click on this link
Sorry for the lack of proper updates for a while. I’ve been super busy with work and with working on…the big FGSJ survey! Yes, that’s right folks, I’ve been working on a survey to find out what problems you have with finding jeans to fit and to find out what you want from the retailers and manufacturers. The plan is to send the collated results to some of these and see what they have to say for themselves! Hopefully within the next few days it will be polished off and ready to go, so keep your eyes peeled for it and please pass it on to everyone you know!